SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — Maxthon, a global software company that develops state-of-the-art web browsers, today released a new version of its Android browser with new features like state of the art ad blocking, full screen and free file syncing and backup – all wrapped with superior speed and standards support, including the world’s best top support for HTML 5 standards.
“Mobile devices are increasingly becoming the first screen for the users who are accessing the internet in emerging markets,” said Jeff Chen, CEO of Maxthon. “That places an even greater importance on the need for a truly mobile-optimized browser. This offers a better user experience that comes with a great ‘out of the box’ set of standard features plus free cloud services that make the multi-device web a pain free proposition.”
Driven by user testing and feedback from around the world and in-house WebKit performance optimization, Maxthon’s new Android browser makes mobile browsing faster, easier and more convenient. Features include:
- Industry’s – best Android performance: Maxthon’s optimized core enables faster speed along with the world’s best HTML5 performance and the most comprehensive HTML5 support.
- Ad Blocker: Easy setup and a mix of global and user-created rules block annoying pop-ups, ads and promotions that get in the way.
- Full Screen Mode: Easily expand the browser to every point on the screen. This, with Maxthon’s best of industry video performance make for a great video experience.
- Optimized one-handed use: Elegant features, such as the added “push away menu,” allows users to easily view content and navigate the web seamlessly.
- Personal file back up and syncing: Users can push and sync their local files from their Android device to a free, secure account in the Cloud and from there to their other Windows, Mac, iOS devices running the Maxthon Cloud Browser. The free storage is unlimited.
“The next wave of the global web is all about mobile with Android leading the way.” said Karl Mattson, VP of Maxthon’s international division. “This version of our browser builds on already strong performance and ‘out of the box’ experience to truly make the mobile web faster, more fun and more accessible. Whether your smart phone is your ‘first,’ ‘second’ or ‘third’ screen, we’re confident that if you give it a try, Maxthon Android will be your last browser. ”
Maxthon is an innovative software company that develops superior web browsers that continue to set new standards for speed, security, simplicity and cloud features. It is available on the Windows, Android, iOS and Mac platforms. With offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong, Maxthon reaches a global community of users that tops more than 120,000,000 people each month in more than 150 countries. For more information about Maxthon please visit
Burson-Marsteller for Maxthon
SOURCE Maxthon USA Inc